Friday, June 22, 2012

Real Talk

So this is going to be like a journal entry blog post.  You can skip it if you only like my humor.  I have been doing a lot of thinking and processing over here in Haiku and I just want to get some thoughts out. 
I am not sure when it happened, but somewhere along the way, I have let fear seep in to my life and have to much power over me.  As my parents would tell you (while shaking their heads and rubbing their face), I was a pretty fearless little girl.  I guess falling on my face too many times (both literally and figuratively right fam? :) has changed me.  As you know, my most recent fear has been of moving alone and starting over.  It has literally been making me sick.  This trip to Maui has hanged all that.  It has made me remember that I am strong and independent and the more I take risks, the more things I fall in love with.  I have enjoyed this time alone so much and I have enjoyed the adventure of a new place.  I have been here a week and I have already made friends, done tons of things I have never done before and survived finding my way in a foreign place.  I have also been learning (or rather re-learning) to live in peace.  To shut out all my anxiety and just be still in my heart and mind.  It has been so good for me and I am so thankful God has provided me this opportunity!  Thanks for listening. :)

1 comment:

  1. Though I'm still kind of bummed I didn't go with you, I'm really glad you had this time alone - sounds like an incredible experience and exactly what you needed to get you ready for this next season. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete