Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ralph

     I know that the majority of the population most likely believes that I make this stuff up.  In fact, the receptionist/seminar coordinator that replaced Katrina regularly comes up to me and says "You weren't kidding!"  I am constantly telling her that she will eventually learn I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.  THIS OFFICE needs no exaggerations.  She is learning. 

     Yesterday, I made a new friend here at the office.  Actually, I think I realized yesterday that I have had a secret admirer all along.  As I was mailing out letters something brown behind me out of the corner of my eye but when I turned around, there was nothing there.  I then told myself I desperately need a new job because I am literally losing my mind.  A little while later I was working at my computer and a noticed that I had a mouse playing in my plants on my desk.  I rolled my seat away, as he did startle me, and he scampered across my desk (toward me mind you) and hopped in my Jade plant.  I have named him Ralph in honor of my favorite children's book.  
 
     I decided yesterday that if I found a daredevil mouse that will climb to the 38th floor of a Seattle building and likes to spend time with me at my clean desk, I will accept that friend and I will buy him a motorcycle.
     Sometimes the best way to handle the situation is simply to accept what life has brought you and even if I haven't wanted a pet mouse since I was 8, I will accept the late delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment