Friday, March 30, 2012

If We Hold Still She won't See Us

When I was hired, I was hired as the paralegal to the senior partner.  That is a challenging job.  Most of his paralegals don't make it.  Call me crazy but when I clearly communicated to my boss that I did not, in fact, want to be paralegal to 3 partners for no pay raise, I didn't think that I would end up doing so anyway.  Do they think I don't notice?  Like maybe if they EMAIL assignments to me or say please and thank you then I won't notice that I am actually working for 3 partners.  It is like little kids hiding their head under a blanket and I am the babysitter who has to pretend I don't see them and hear them giggling.  Please believe that I will be asking for a raise in two months even though I know I am leaving in 4.  And I think a nice bonus is in order.  I know I am dreaming but I am still going to ask. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment