Monday, June 6, 2011

My Beautiful Weekend!


This weekend was just amazing. I spent Friday night finishing the last 200 pages of a book that Esther gave me, which was interesting and amusing. Friday morning I was awakened early by the sun which was a beautiful way to start a beautiful day (pun intended). Darean and I had coffee in the sunshine at Starbucks followed by a yummy lunch at the Honey Bear CafĂ© (a personal favorite). Then at about 2 I made my way over to the parentals’. Little Sister and I love to sit out on mom's beer garden in our kinis and drink beers. It is fabulous because it is private and my mom designed it so we get the maximum warmth and all wind is blocked out (I know brilliant right?).

I was met with a pleasant surprise when all my family was already out there (and Sister and I were of course making the most of the first kini day of this year) a few of my favorites of Little Sister’s friends were over to visit. We laughed, talked, and enjoyed the sunshine until about 4:30, when it was time for Katrina, Tiffany and I to get ready for the next phase of the day. We got ready (well she got ready and I visited with Uncle John and Aunt Ivy who happened to stop by) and off we went to our adventure.

We stopped by green lake where we scooped up my great friend James Travis and off we went to the Owl and Thistle for an Irish brew before the show. Then we were off to the long awaited U2 concert! When I say long awaited I mean LONG awaited. My dad bought us these tickets a year and a half ago and the concert was supposed to be last year but Bono injured his back and they cancelled their whole tour. I told Little Sister at the show, “I have waited longer for Bono than I have for any man!” She smiled. ; )


It was worth the wait and the night was amazing! The skies were clear, we never got cold and I felt like I was living a dream come true; come to think of it, I was living a dream come true! It was a late night but it was a perfect night.
Sunday morning I slept in, had my morning coffee in the sunshine while I started my new book, then cleaned the house a bit with all the windows and doors open! Made my way to Andrea’s graduation party and then spent the evening reading Jazz by Toni Morrison. It was certainly an ideal weekend, filled with exciting activities, time with friends and family, vitamin D, and plenty of relaxation (especially reading).

No comments:

Post a Comment