Friday, June 17, 2011

Dad, Close Your Eyes

A couple weeks ago I woke up from a nap wanting two things, ice cream and a tattoo.  Weird right?  I get sick when I eat ice cream.  Tattoos on the other hand, I like.  I have been considering getting a tattoo since I was about 15 years old.  I have set my mind on several different designs and locations over the years but turns out I have a serious fear of commitment. This life might be but a fleeting moment but it still last a lot longer than the ink stays pretty.  Anywho, I have the itch kind of strong lately. 

I have also noticed that I really like words. Word tattoos seem to be my favorite. It is all about the meaning.  I just love words that hold so much meaning in some one's life.  In addition to the one from my post last week that says, "To thine own self be true" I also really like these:


This one says "I am my beloved's.  My beloved is mine."


 "There once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her Heart"  I love what it says, I love the font she used and I LOVE where she got it.  Plus, I have found that many of these word tattoos with several lines, the lines don't look perfectly straight and hers does. This is definitely a favorite.
 Cute.  That's all there is to say about it.  (Of course I would have to overcome two fears to get something like that ; )
I would honestly never get a tattoo on my chest but the words that are there and the way they look like they are burned into her chest moved me.

I don't think there is anything to worry about currently, I have toyed with the idea for so many years now that I am not sure I will ever do it.  But who knows.  : )

1 comment:

  1. I love the second to last one! Reblogging you... hehe. Proof I read your blog! ;) I in fact REALLY love that one!!

    ReplyDelete