Monday, January 30, 2012

Like a Fine Wine


I know it is strange but the analogy "...like a fine wine, it only gets better with age" haunts me.  I feel that I always have to be getting better or I will end up bitter.  I don't mean to be trite.  In all reality, my experience has revealed to me that if I am not getting better with age, I am getting bitter with age.  I want to improve.  I am constantly reminding myself at work that if I stay humble and work hard, I will become a better paralegal.  If I let all the stress and nonsense get to me, I will stop getting better, I will get bitter and I will... well anything could happen.  If I am not working on my health and fitness, I don't stay healthy or fit.  I get unhealthy and fat.  If I don't keep challenging my intellect and my ability to eloquently communicate, I lose them.  If I am not focused on improving my finances, well...they aren't going to get any better.  Finally, if I am not chasing my dreams, I will end up with regrets and therefore bitter.  It is just the Law of Entropy in action.  If I am not maintaining and improving, I will deteriorate.  I want to age well.

1 comment: