Saturday, January 21, 2012

Can't Stop. Won't Stop.

I am not going to say that the office being closed for a week due to a freak snow storm is a direct result of not celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, but I am also not saying God wouldn't do that.  I choose my reality and to me it felt like a hug from Heaven.  Holy vengeance. : )

It also felt like a sign that I will have no excuses for not getting my law school applications in.  Law school applications are time consuming and difficult enough as it is but is is always a little harder to get on a horse you have already been thrown from.  I applied to 5 law schools 2 years ago and was not accepted to any of them.  It was devastating at the time but I picked myself up and got a job.  Now I have been in the legal field for 10 years and I have an excellent resume but I still have a dream and a goal.  It would be easier to accept my life as it is, but I have never taken the easy route and I have never played it safe.  That is why I have fallen on my ass so many times but I always get back up and in the end, I can count all my failures as success.  It is just who I am: a risk-taker.

However, I have had to be quite social since I am no longer living alone, I was locked in the house with people.  So I nearly lost my mind.  But then again, that motivated me to get things done.  It feels great that I have a clean house, an organized room, clean laundry, I am well rested and it is only Saturday morning!  It feels like a free weekend!

On another note.  I miss my little sister like crazy.  I guess you could say "I've grown accustomed to her face."  : )  Seriously though.  It is not that I miss her because I am busting my ass and need her back at work to lighten the load, I just miss the fun little moments we used to get together: a lunch with cocktails, a document run that includes Cafe Vita, or her silly relationship with the LLF Moose. : )

I have been doing circuit training with my roommate for 9 weeks now and I am finally starting to see some positive results.  It is crazy how hard it is to get my body in shape the older I get.  But I am not gonna stop until I get where I want to be.  I guess that is a common theme in my life right now.  I am not where I want to be in my life but I am not quitting until I get there.

1 comment:

  1. 90% of this made me happy/proud. 10% made me sad. (statistics are not my strength, I know). Miss you too... and our crazy work life together. :(

    ReplyDelete