Monday, January 30, 2012

Book Club

Book Club was a total success!  I am very happy. Dinner turned out okay.  I was worried because I haven't cooked dinner since I moved in with my roommates.  The company was perfect, the wine was delicious and the conversation was interesting.  My personal favorite interaction was after Hadlee gave a little synopsis of her book so far.  I told the group how even though the book is at a point where the main character is supposed dead by the other charcters (and the reader) she is not worried because the next chapter was called "On the Mend."  This was followed by a gem of a conversation:

Katrina Hope: "When I write a children's book, I am going to kill the main character.
Me: "Why would you do that?  I am not letting my kids read your books."
Natalie Hereth: "I will let my kids read your books Kati."
Katrina Hope: "Thank you Natalie.  My readers will say 'It made me sad but it really resonates with me.'"
Desiree: I would like to hear a 7 year old say "resonates."
Katrina Hope: My reader's will. 

Oh man.  I purposely picked people for my book club who would have varying interests and differing opinions so we could all learn and be inspired in some way but never in a million years did I anticipate that.  This is going to be fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you need to start FaceTiming me for Book Club, I want to join!!!!!

    ReplyDelete