Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Roaring 20's



Every year my birthday sneaks up on me and I start thinking about goals and dreams.  Not just goals and dreams for the future but the ones of the past.  I usually feel quite bittersweet as I have certainly not reached all of my goals for each particular age but I have reached many goals that I set for myself and I am pleased with my life.  Some years, I could not say that at all. L   

Anyway, I am about to enter into my last year of my exciting 20’s.  And I have been feeling like maybe I should celebrate it.  I hate birthday parties.  I always have, I get so melancholy on my birthday, even depressed (not because of my age but for other reasons) and I have not had good luck with parties so far (I have only tried a couple times).  So usually my sisters are the only ones who remember it so Little Sister and I go watch a movie and eat dinner and that is about it.  Or she brings dinner and a movie to me if I am too tired.  Should I do something with people this year?  Or should I avoid the pressure of being happy for other people? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment