Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Humility

"A gentle answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger."


Proverbs 15:1


 This was one of my dad’s favorite verses to remind me of.  I usually just kept my mouth shut when someone was upset are on the verge of being upset but unfortunately my eyes said way to much to my dad.  Lol.  But this is not about my dad and I and our journey of understanding each other in my adolescence. ; ) I was thinking about it today because I have noticed that this same verse applies to my boss.  I have noticed that if I respond with a gentle answer when he is upset or stressed out, he checks himself from taking it out on me.  For example, this morning I could tell he was in a bad mood so I asked him what was wrong and if he wanted to talk about what was bothering him.  He looked at me and said, “No.  I’ll be okay.”  It was like just caring changed his demeanor.  Man, humility really is the key to success in this industry.  I have learned a lot of it in the last 18 months but as anyone who knows me can tell you, I can be a real hot head and I certainly have an ego.  But humility is the only way I will survive, especially at this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment