Monday, December 12, 2011

I am in *HOUSE*!

Have you ever seen "House," the television show?  Well if you made Hugh Laurie a schmoozing lawyer and took away his memory, you would have my boss.  Here at the firm, I do not receive a lot of encouragement.  I don't often get "job well done" or "Thank you" from my boss.  On the rare occasions, I do receive it (usually in a note in the middle of a bunch of criticism and smart ass comments) I keep them.  My boss flatters.  He is all about the flattery, which he pretty much only says nice things (which are often flattering, blatant lies) to clients and strangers.  He also likes to play games like telling me how wonderful Katrina is and how I should really be more like her.  I take the flattery (and the games since I have no choice) with a grain of salt.  Why am I telling you all this?  Because today I receive a short but sweet email from one of the attorneys here at my office in response to my request for a letter of recommendation for my law school applications.

To whom it may concern:

I am an attorney and member of ******. I first met Kristin when she was hired by this law firm in June 2010. Kristin has worked here as a paralegal full time since then. In my opinion, Kristin will be a great law student and will make a fine attorney. She exhibits all the qualities that make up a successful attorney. She’s bright, inquisitive, is not afraid to ask questions, thinks outside the box, is prompt, gets the job done and is considerate of others. I regret to see her terminate her employment here, but recognize that a greater future awaits her.

Sincerely Yours,

Undisclosed Partner 
(I have to keep some secrets so all of you fans that read my page every day don't stock me at my work. :)

It was short but sweet and made me feel very good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment