Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day


I had a really great weekend.  Saturday was a practical day in which I got (almost) everything put away in my new room and settled in.  Sunday, I got an early text from my roommate, Desiree, asking if I wanted to go out on the boat with her and some friends.  I thought about the offer for a good long time (approximately 2 seconds) and started getting ready.  We lounged by her friend’s pool with some fruity drinks for about 2 hours and then we went out in the boat and I tried wake surfing for my first time.  Of course I failed miserably and half of the lake went up my nose but I had a great time.  Then I watched a movie that night and made it to bed early.  I had expected to have to work Monday but my boss never called so I cleaned the house, did some laundry, went grocery shopping and got a little more time in the sun.  Then I was a part of my first “family dinner.”  That is what they call it when Chante and her family comes over and we all have dinner together.  Which was nice and then I was in bed before 10.  SO there you have is a fun-filled, relaxing and productive weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment