Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Books

When I was a kid, I was a firm believer that books were for nerds.  Cool kids played outside and made fun of kids that spent their days reading.  Both my sisters were my definition of "nerds."  They could spend hours in used bookstores just looking (and smelling) books.  Then I read a book in high school that I actually enjoyed (Ivanhoe) and my life has never been the same since.  I read a lot.  I still don' think I read as much as them but I LOVE to read.  I love to learn and the best way to learn is to read.  My boss still doesn't believe that I actually read everything assigned in college.  I think there are two or three books on my shelves that I have guilt because I don't remember finishing them.  If I run out of books to read at home, I have to go over to Little Sister's house and borrow something.  I guess eventually I just accepted that I was born into a family of nerds.  Why fight it?  But I wouldn't say my outdoor fort building days are over.  I think I could get a lot of reading done here!  : )

1 comment:

  1. Freakin cool tree fort!!!! Glad to see you've joined us nerds ;-)

    ReplyDelete