Friday, August 19, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly


I have good news and I have bad news.  Read them in whichever order you like, I personally prefer to end on the happier note. 

The Bad News. 

This week, instead of feeling better, I seem to be facing an additional challenge: I have been experiencing extreme pain in my lower abdomen.  Hurray.  One more complication to add to my list of medical crap that no seems to be able to figure out or help.  Awesome.  This has caused my mood this week to be a cross between “discouraged to the point of tears” and “pissed off.”  Wish I could end on a positive note hear but…can’t.

The Good News

My attorney met with my Dr. Last week and they discussed reducing the Dr.’s lien so that I would not end up having to pay thousands of dollars to this car accident that was not my fault (on top of the thousands I have already paid).  The good news is that Dr. White agreed to reduce his lien to 40% of the balance owed and my attorney also agreed to reduce his fees.  I have not seen specific numbers yet regarding what that means but it looks as though some of the money I put on my credit cards 4 ½ years ago for this accident will actually be recovered.  Being able to pay off even some of those credit cards will be life changing for me!  So that is my good news.

In Other News

v     Little sister is not at work because she is at family camp and things are just not the same without her. 

v     I am going to get my hair done with this month because I feel gross and I need to feel pretty.  I have decided what I am doing with it (but I am keeping it a secret) and I am really excited about it.

v     I have not packed a single thing for my move in 1o days.

v     If I get enough money to justify it, I am flying to Nashville and taking a vacation (two separate items ; ) by the end of this year.

v     I really miss skinny cows and sour cream (not together of course).

1 comment:

  1. -Little sister is back!

    -She also knows the secret hair style. ;)

    And she is VERY excited to hear that your lawyer finally moved his booty and there appears to be good reason to hope for a much better 2012! :) Love you big sissy.

    ReplyDelete