Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Things I Love About Kimmy

So today I am in a fowl mood.  There it is.  I admitted it.  The bus driver was a total jerk to me when I couldn’t find my bus pass, I am really devastated by the arbitration award, I am tired of being broke and my health being crappy is on my last nerve.  I should be having a great day today.  Larry is in a MUCH better mood this week and he is climbing Granite Mountain this morning so I’ve all morning to catch up.  However, everyone is on my nerves and I am just cranky.  So what better thing to do than to think positive thoughts about someone else!  Today’s lucky winner……KIMMY!

Things I love about Kimmy.

  1. Kim was born country, she’ll die country.  And I will make sure they play a country song at her funeral. (In the unlikely event I outlive her)…(very unlikely)
  2. She has a sensitive heart (a rare jewel in our family of hard asses).
  3. I absolutely adore her beautiful eyes (though I am a bit partial to the blue one).
  4. She is the ultimate example in my life of humble strength.  She can let her emotions out and be honest about them but it does not in any way make her weak.  My sister has been a pillar of strength her whole life.  She is just too humble to realize it. 
  5. She is probably the only good communicator in my family.  : )  Yet I learned nothing. : (
  6. Kimmy is such a loyal friend.  She has had some of the same friends her whole life.  And honestly, some of them have treated her like crap at times.  But she loves them through all of it. 
  7. She’s got gumption.
  8. The woman can bake AND cook unbelievably well. 
  9. Kimmy never stopped believing in love.  And in my opinion, she had reason to. 
  10. I love, love, love, her valley girl / Tennessee accent.
  11. The fact that she messes up all the old maxims. (i.e. “$#*t or get off the horse.”)
  12. She married my favorite brother in law.  So cool points for that!
  13. She still blushes at dirty jokes. 
  14. Kimmy sings like an angel.
  15. Kim always knows the current hip hop music and for some reason it cracks me up more the older we get that she sings along and “breaks it down.”
  16. Kim gets super passionate about certain things and then she gets embarrassed and apologizes. 
  17. Kim is such a GIRL!
  18. Grandma Scribbles.  Nuff said. (Intentionally misspelled to express personality, Dad.)
  19. Kim’s favorite candy is PEZ.
  20. While the rest of the world stopped saying “rad” and “totally” somewhere during the early to mid 90s and started saying them again in the last few years, Kim never waivered.
  21. She is one smart cookie!!!
  22. Kimmy as a great sense of humor.  Mostly I love that even though she doesn’t get all of the jokes Katrina or Jason or I quickly respond to each other, she still laughs at us. 
  23. I love Kimberly Dawn Kelly for being 4.5 years older than I am.  Every single year, I love her a little more for this.
  24. I love that as different as we are, we are such a great pair and I am so glad we are experiencing life and learning its lessons together.

I have to stop at 24 because otherwise my sisters will get in an all-out- brawl over which one I love more.  No seriously.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word this blessed me beyond belief. :-) Thank you Kris-tin for the sweet & yet hilarious words of love! I adore you too and am glad to have been so blessed with amazing family. I miss you all even more than before.

    Me love you long time!

    Oh and duh, of course you love me more - I was after all here first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. being so down, yet strong enough to set aside your own woes and lift your sister up like that. That's class, and you got a lot of it; your writing is extremely poignant and
    humorous at the same time - a powerful combination. You make me misty-eyed. Nuff said..

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, so you were feeling like a bird? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife has been a cheat. We have been married for 22 years. In the last few years we have been having problems because i never knew she was cheating on me till a friend of mine saw her with the guy in a hotel. She has been rude to me and everything about her has changed all because of a guy whom i dont know. Just early this year she was calling for a divorce accusing me of assault. Then she called and told them I beat her with a belt. Thank God I met this spell lady ''priestess Ifaa" who a friend introduced to me. It was so pain that my family is tearing apart. I would even go to jail but this spell lady consulted the spirits and told me that the guy place a spell on her for her to distroy me and marry him. This hurt me so much and i asked the spell lady to make the spell reverse. I did everything to make sure the spell was done and on few days later the spell started manifesting because we were back together and we were happy just like the day we got married the reverse spell this spell lady did made the guy go far and never come close because he is a demon. She could not work or support herself that's why she was acting that way. This spell lady is great, she has rescued my family. i met the spell lady though her email ID
    priestessifaa@yahoo.com. meet her and get your solved.

    ReplyDelete