Monday, July 18, 2011

Arbitration Award

So my attorney told me what the arbitrator awarded today.  It was no bueno.  It is not enough to cover all the medical bills and my attorney fees.  My attorney thinks even the small amount I was awarded is going to be appealed by Allstate's attorney.  (Yes I said Allstate - do no get your insurance through them, they are known for using their deep corporate pockets to screw people)  Anyway.  With the amount I got, I will still end up having to pay an additional $5K out of pocket (on top of the $5K I already did pay out of pocket).  So in this case, I have nothing to lose.  And if they do appeal it and I get the same or more at trial, they will have to pay the award plus the attorneys' fees.  So in this particular case, it could be beneficial to me if they appeal.  However, I am very disappointed and discouraged and would really like to just catch a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment