Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Things I Find Amusing about Katrina

1. Even though she shows absolutely no emotion on the soccer field she behaves exactly like my father and gets extremely worked up while watching a soccer game.
2. She has "always wanted" to do everything.
3. For as long as I can remember, eating makes her sick.
4. Telling her to calm down pisses her off. : )
5. Since I can remember, Katrina has never left her home without a spare swimsuit on her person or in her car.
6. Whenever she has been in any kind of car accident, she shys away from getting insurance information or even attempting to make the guilty party pay for the damages.
7. She is so OCD that when Tyson or I (or both) go into her room and move things around, it results in a full blown panic attack and she ends up in the fetal position.
8. I cannot recall one time that Katrina wished she was older.  In fact, Katrina promised my parents that she would remain 5 forever.  I am not sure anyone can accuse her of breaking that promise.
9. Katrina has an amazing natural balance that makes her able to attempt any sport and be rather good at it. (though we have yet to see her try tightrope walking, I am confident she should do well)
10. Katrina is near sighted and far sighted, which is just confusing.
11. Katrina is really intelligent and wants to do a lot of things with her life, none of them more than to be a wife and mother with a team of children.
12. Katrina CANNOT STAND feeling unoriginal.
13. She likes mindless children's programs.
14. She has still not figured out exactly why my family called her animal as a child (or the effect it had on her psyche).
15. Katrina hates meatloaf.  My mom thinks Katrina loves meatloaf.  Katrina always smiles, says thanks mom and eats the meatloaf. (This one makes me die laughing every time)
16. Katrina actually sings her ABCs in her head while washing her hands.
17. If Katrina notices that someone uses the bathroom but is not in there long enough to have washed their hands, she is appalled.  If they touch anything on her desk, she will throw it away and disinfect her hands immediately.
18. Katrina has always been fascinated by elephants, slugs, ants and "rolley-poleys."
19. To this day, we don't let Katrina pray for the food before dinner because she likes to thank Jesus for so much, the food gets cold.
20. Katrina still has no idea what would happen to her after the count of 10 (disciplinary child raising tactics) and she is still very afraid to find out.
21. Katrina likes everything my dad likes.
22. I have yet to see a picture Katrina doesn't look good in. 
23. She is the only person who can get my dad to not only agree to a picture, she can get him sot smile and pose for them.
24. Katrina is the only person who can make me do things I do not want to do.

I think 24 is a good number to end with.  There are any of the other things about Katrina that amuse me but it would violate the sister's code of secrecy to repeat them.  Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Hilarious!

    Amazing how unique our little sister is! Some man is going to absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But many men are going to just say "what a weird girl." :/ lol. And HAVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. And, boy, did we get excited Sunday! Yowza!
    8. She promised ME.. and I'm still upset ;-P
    9. DON'T give her any more ideas, Kris.. please
    15. Absolutely hilarious !!!!!

    Kris, you are now "blogging" more than your older sister, Kim (and you are soooo funny!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. .... and other times, you can be sooo intense!

    ReplyDelete