Friday, April 8, 2011

Trapped!!!!!!!!

So one great thing about working with Larry Linville is that I never know when I wake up in the morning how my day will turn out. Today, Larry decided that he was going to take Stephanie and I out to lunch and then buy me hiking boots at REI. Of all the things to spend my money on, hiking boots is certainly at the bottom of my list, but now that I have them and I am SO EXCITED. After buying me boots, Larry took Stephanie and I to lunch. The sun was shining and it was a little bit warm and I started thinking about hiking as we sat down to our favorite crepe shop in Pike Place Market. As I was talking to Larry and Stephanie about my new years resolution (which was that I was going to rest and save money all winter long and then have the best summer of my life) I started thinking about all the fun things Katrina and I have talked about doing this summer. Then I started thinking about how I have worked a minimum of 40 hours a week since I was 16 years old (maybe 17?). And I have been busting my @$$ to get through school for the last 10 years. Last summer, I pretty much worked about 45 hours a week and slept all the rest. This summer is going to be "epic" (am I too old to use that word? Thought I'd try it). But this realization was so overwhelming that I felt like I needed to start immediately. I didn't want to go back to work. I wanted to hike or take little sister long boarding or put on a dress and go dance to live music in the sunshine. Now I feel trapped in this office. Anyone who knows me knows I HATE FEELING TRAPPED. I need to be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment