Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

My boss goes to Maui twice a year for 6-8 weeks at a time. The first time he went it was, in a way, more stressful than having him here because communication is difficult and I was constantly re-sending him things I had done. It was frustrating to say the least. This time, we settled in to a pretty nice little routine, I have still been working lots of hours and working hard but it has been a little more peaceful. Tonight he comes back. Don't get me wrong, I really like my crazy, autistic boss. But dealing with him requires thick skin and tons of patience. So I have been telling myself that I have 24 hours to have a major attitude adjustment. You see, my personal life has been really draining the last 6 weeks that he has been gone so it has been the grace of God he hasn't been here, it may have been too much to handle. I have experiencing what the doctors have called a "flare up" of the chronic Epstein barr I have never been able to shake from my system. I have been enduring some financial hardships and I have been attempting to have a relationship (which never works out well for me). So there it is. So in order to survive (literally) I have to lay all of my anxieties down and just hope for the best in all those situations. Because despite regular lectures of how I should be more responsible or I should sleep more and take better care of myself , etc. There is absolutely nothing more I can do. I do EVERYTHING I can to make my life better and I just can't do anything else. So here's hopin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment