Monday, April 11, 2011

Living My Life Weekend #1



So you may be wondering how I chose to "live" my life after my post on Friday. Well I started my weekend with a cup of coffee and a stroll through Pier 1 (a favorite weekend pass time), and dreamed. Then I went to my parents' and convinced my little sister to go longboarding with me. It was really nice. Longboarding is relaxing, we do a lot of talking and laughing when we go. However, there was a point we reached that has a pretty real dip under the road. I knew that as a 28 year old woman I had no business taking hills or trying tricks but I never have been good at being shown up by my little sister. As a result of my inability to act my age, this is pretty much how things turned out for me:















except my feet stayed down. So I spent the rest of my weekend icing my face and my left arm. It seems I am suffering the consequences of all the bad choices I have ever made right now, seriously. And I just don't seem to learn.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I didn't kill you!! :( Or break your face. Mom would NEVER have forgiven me!! (heehee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would think that wisdom would have been there, after all again 29. I left them with the younger girls because I know that is expecting to much at 16. I WALK INTO THE HOUSE WITH" I THINK I BROKE SISTER " So when do I get to rest and not grow worry?????? Oh God!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. 28 mom. No need to add years thanks. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to think things like this are God's sense of humor. "I'm going to live my life!" "Oh yeah!? Let's just see what happens if you (literally) hit a bump in the road on your quest for living."
    There's consequences to everything we do, right? There's risk, chance, perhaps it was your destiny to meet the sidewalk that day.
    It's so boring to act our age, allll the time. -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! You added many years to our lives that day, Baby... and I REALLY did not need to see the actual "crash".. Now... I'm 90 ;-( That is horrible looking! I now do not want to meet the boss that bought my girls longboards.. OMG! That's a horrible picture. Thank God, He has saved you out of such terrible accidents like that............

    ReplyDelete
  6. U R Killin me :-)

    ReplyDelete