Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Point - Singletons

This week was a rough week for marriage. As a woman who struggles to believe in relationships lasting, this week was certainly additionally discouraging. This week had already been difficult for me personally and then yesterday I was subjected to listen to my boss discuss for 30 minutes how healthy relationships are built on lies. He explained that lying to one’s partner is protecting them from their own negative emotions. I tried to explain to him that a woman has every right to think and feel as she sees fit based on truth and reality. He informed me that if you love someone, you do not want them to feel negative emotions. I told him that it was self seeking because he did not want those negative emotions to be directed at him. Disgusting. He has been married 40 years and that is how.

Then, I saw on facebook that a dear friend of mine from years ago is getting divorced. I really thought they were such a sweet Christian couple. I am no one to judge but I can honestly say I really don’t want to end up divorced. I can also honestly say I don’t want to spend the next 40 years being lied to by a man who assumes he is so much more intelligent and greater than I that he should orchestrate my life as he sees fit, telling me only what he thinks I should hear. Oh man. I need to learn to like animals I think.

1 comment:

  1. Haa haaaa......laughing my ass off right now.

    It's about time you learned how to love some animals! Come out here and practice with Banks, Jeep & Seven!

    ReplyDelete