Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Strong woman

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a strong woman. Sometimes I think I am not a strong woman and I will break, or that maybe I already have.

In church when the pastor spoke on Holy women, he said, "You are not a strong woman if you are weak for a man." I have been thinking about that a lot lately.

Sometimes I think that being a strong woman means I am destined to have to put up with a lot of b.s. and heartbreak just because apparently I can. but the more i go through, the stronger I get.

Being a strong woman makes some men want to break you down and weak women despise you.

Being a strong woman is like being a large boulder. It quietly weathers everything and nobody notices its value and necessity until it is gone. And people never want a boulder, they never desire its beauty, people only realize thier need and dependence on it, so they want it back only to serve its purpose.

Sometimes I wish I was not such a strong woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment