Friday, February 11, 2011

Faith

So I was thinking the other day about law school and how it has been about 8 months since I have taken any steps to get there. I guess it is kind of hard for me to want to start that process all over again. After pending 6 months of hard work (on top of full time work and school) as well as over $2,000.00 on law school applications, only to be denied by each school, I have found it a bit hard to muster the courage to dust myself off and get back on that horse. But I know I have to do it. I think I have been feeling quite lost the last few months. Nothing in my life has turned out how I hoped or planned. I feel I have been fighting all the same battles. I kind of feel like the Israelites must have felt 28 years into their 40 years of wandering in the dessert: purposeless and ready to let go of hope for fear hope being deferred any longer. I am not saying I am ungrateful for the blessings I have received this year but honestly, nothing has turned out how I hoped for or planned on.

So, back to law school (which I hoped and planned to be done with 3 years ago), I was thinking about what steps I should be taking right now in order to get my applications in early enough to stand a chance. I decided I should be writing my essay. So then I got totally overwhelmed, again. The idea of convincing these people to give me this special opportunity that thousands of other applicants want as a white, middle class woman with no money and mediocre grades is quite a feat. Actually it makes me want to cry. I was racking my brain trying to think of what the focus of my essay should be. And it hit me: Faith. Not only is it my passion, and my identity, it is my story. I am 28 years old and still chasing the same dream because I know it is my destiny even if my path has taken me on a million different detours and brought me to face to face with unfathomable obstacles. Now I still have the same challenge ahead of me in writing my essay and preparing my applications but at least I have a little inspiration and it is always helpful to remember who I am when trying to fight for my dreams.

2 comments:

  1. funny how our names really do speak of who we are at our core, huh? It can seem almost cheesy, but it's the one thing I feel we can't escape. It's who God created us to be and set in our parents' heart to name us. Somedays, I almost feel it's a curse, but really, I know how much of a gift it is... and I think it's part of why we are so strong. I love you Kristin Faith, and I look forward to reading that essay. Afterall, you ARE the one that's been published. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaahaaa so true Kati! I agree completely with ya Krissy-Poo. Though where does Dawn fit in? Yeah probably nowhere. Oh well :-)

    ReplyDelete