Monday, December 31, 2012

The end of an Era

As you know, I left my twenties behind this month and entered my thirties.  New Year's Day has always passed unnoticed in my life.  I set my goals for the New Year when I personally start my New Year, December 17th.  But as everyone discusses goals and wishes, I can't help feeling like this is an end of an Era.  This year, my life changed in a big way.  change is a constant occurrence in my life.  School, work and relationships are pass me like street lights.  The difference this year is that in the past, I felt like circumstances have, changed people have changed, jobs have changed, and even I have changed.  This year feels different.  I can't entirely describe it, except to say that this year, my life has changed.  It is a more definite, all-encompassing change.  It feels more complete.  I feel like my past is ending and my future is beginning.  I am living a new life and letting go of the old one.  I am okay with that.  There is nothing in my past I want to hold on to (well..except that I never seem to be able to stop coming back to LLF for the occasional visit. :)  I can't pinpoint what it is that makes me feel this resolution but I feel it. 

So to you I say Happy New Year!  Cheer up because life is beautiful, full of surprises and you never know which day will begin the rest of your life. :)

1 comment:

  1. Gee This is a NEW Kris. I love this new positive women. I think I know who might be the reason for this new thinking...... Just saying God is Good!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete