Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Brain Hurts

Today, I am at a breaking point.  I have completed 3 out of 5 classes and I feel like I cannot learn or remember one more thing.  This program is nuts.  We spend an average of 12 hours a day, six days a week learning tons of crazy information for 16 weeks.  Then when finals come, they are spaced 3 days apart.  That means, we have 72 hours to review, synthesize and memorize 4 months of information for a 4 hour final.  This is no joke.  My criminal law textbook is 1200 pages and we covered ALL of the information in it.  I will have 72 hours to cram 1200 pages of information, legal concept and cases into my tiny little, forgetful brain and beg Jesus to keep it in there for me.  No wonder lawyers can be such assholes.  They are as bitter as ex-prisoner who had to be some other man's boyfriend.  Anyway, my brain is so tired and in my civil procedure class, I (along with the rest of my class) learned little to nothing from the professor so I have 72 hours to clear up all the confusion of the last 4 months.  At this point I am ready to throw my hands up in the air, scream "f* it!" drink a bottle of wine and watch movies that make me cry.

I know, I know, "these are the moments that make us stronger" or "it's moments like these that you have to keep pushing, you're almost there"  blah blah blah.  I know.  But what I am telling you is, if my brain could vomit like a stomach, there would be brain spew all over this computer.  I am genuinely concerned about cerebral hemorrhaging.  I shoulda been a shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment