Wednesday, October 10, 2012

All 4 One

     Hello world!  I am sure you will all be pleased to learn law school has not killed me (yet).  I spent a little time in Civil Procedure to figure out how many weeks have passed and how many weeks are in a semester because that is just how good of a student I am.  Please, save your applause till the end.  :)  Turns out I am in week 10 of an 18 week semester.  That's right folks, I am 1/4 of the way through my first year of law school.  Seriously, clap later.  Oh wait, that only impresses me.
     I am pleased to tell you I started my new job this week.  I thought I would be starting months ago but there were some hang ups.  I am pleased to be the proud paralegal of another firm in Seattle.  Today I got up at 6 (which is my usual routine) and did homework, went to class, did homework, went to class, ate a sandwich, did homework, went to class and headed home for work.  Truth be told, I loved it.  I might be sick and masochistic but I am glad I am working while I am in school.  I like it for two reasons 1) I like for even a couple hours feeling like I know what the hell I am doing and 2) I like getting paid to do what I know. :)  I still feel nervous because this firm has put a lot of faith in me and the managing partner even told me he would like the first opportunity at hiring me when I am done with law school.  That's nice to hear, especially when I daily question whether I will make it that far.  Some folks have already dropped out.
     In other news.  I like my boyfriend.  He is as sweet as a little puppy cuddling you when you are sad.  He has been amazingly supportive and so understanding when I have so little time.  Pretty sure my bat-shit crazy ass doesn't deserve that but I'll take it.
     I miss my old life.  I miss my crazy old boss.  I miss friends.  I miss my coffee and longboarding with my little sister.  I miss my early morning workouts with Des.  I miss how good I was looking from those early morning workouts with Des.  I miss having money.  I miss free time.  But I have made friends in law school and I have a great study group that I think will really help me succeed in this new endeavor.  I am blessed so I certainly have nothing to complain about, at least that's what my boyfriend tells me. :)  Obviously he is smarter than me (don't tell him I said that).
     I know this is scattered but it is the longest conversation I have had that wasn't about some guy stabbing his wife 19 times or some stupid dispute over seeds or some kid being crippled for life because a 12 year old boy kicked him in the leg.  You get the point.  In summary, I am still crazy as can be and trying to do things I am convinced I can't just because I have undiagnosed multiple personalities but I am alive and do far they haven't kicked me out.  I'm learning a lot and I am so grateful for such a supportive boyfriend that calms me down when I get to worked up (well, actually he just starts laughing at me but sometimes that works too).
  I do genuinely hope that my relentless pursuit of what I know I am on this planet for inspires somebody out there not to give up.  And I hope that all my talking stretches some one's mind and makes their heart grow bigger so they can change the world.  Cause that's what I think it's about.  That's why I get up every morning, I want to make a positive difference.  With all that's wrong with me, I hope that my heart can change what my mind sees wrong with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment