Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sick & Tired of Being Sick & Tired

Last week I woke up with swollen, painful, infected tonsils and glands. I figured I must have gotten strep throat. So I went to the doctor to get a prescription in order to recover as quickly as possible so my loving boss would not have an axiety attack. I went to the doctor and after waiting 3 1/2 hours to be seen, they said I have all the symptoms of strep but the test came back negative. They said it is most likely a chronic flare up of mono. F*&$*$()#*$&(*!!!!! Anyone who knows me knows that this has been something I have been struggling with four about 6 years now. I try to take care of myself. I make sure I get 8 hours of sleep every night, and I take vitamins to maintain my health but the mono is always active in my system.

The last couple months I have had some pain and discomfort in my stomach and I didn't know what was causing it but now it makes sense, one of the symptoms of a chronic flare up of mono is an enlarged liver and an enlarged spleen. Awesome. So I am going to try going to bed at 8 every night for a while and not work overtime (if possible). I am going to eat fruits, vegetables, and drink a lot of water and tea. I think the most frustrating thing is that I was training for the St. Patrick's Day run (which I was in bed for) and I was trying so hard to get back in shape in spite of my back and neck pain. Fail.

I really just want this to go away. I don't have 6 months to lay in bed and do nothing to make it go away but I really don't just want to live my life with it anymore. I WANT MY LIFE BACK! I want to have energy to do fun things with friends after work. I want the energy to go hike on the weekends. I want to be able to exercise without having to take multiple advils and an ice pack to bed with me. UGGH!! I am so tired of feeling this way. I want to live!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I'm so sorry sister this is happening to you! How frustrating! When I started working out, I got planter fasciitis which barely had me walking. Sucks when we finally get motivated, we fall back on our ass. Love you, and I'm praying!

    ReplyDelete