Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Isolating Silence or Dividing Words

I have noticed that I have become silent. In the last ten years I have been through a very difficult process of redefining myself and growing. I have learned a lot and I have changed a lot but no matter how much I learn and I grow, I always feel like being honest about who I am is going to offend someone. I love people and I think that is a good characteristic but I have noticed that I keep so much inside now because of what everyone else thinks and feels that I have withdrawn into myself. I think it is important to have grace and know when to not speak but I feel like I have been slowly bound by my fear and silence. I am grateful for a certain few who don't just "accept me for who I am" like they are doing me a favor but truly believe that I am an amazing person and trust that I can hear God for myself. A friend like that is more valuable than a million who just "love you anyway." I want to feel free to speak what I believe is the truth and is MY TESTIMONY whether it fits other peoples ideas of what it should be. It is me and I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment