Friday, October 1, 2010

Folly

Sometimes I feel like such an idiot. Is it that I am just really stupid or is Murphy's Law ruling my life? Perhaps it is some cosmic Karma (I know dad...you don't believe in Karma). No matter what it is, I have had a wretched couple of weeks. First, my keys fell out of my pocket on the bus which made for a complicated evening after work. Then last Sunday as I was putting trash into my trash can (which I keep on my deck), my door that only locks from the inside magically locked behind me leaving me stuck out there (on the 3rd floor) with no phone or keys. So I decided to put my old rock climbing skills to use and scale down the wall. I made it half-way and then realized there was nothing more to hang on to and fell about 15 feet onto pavement. I still can't put any weight on my heel and the scratches and bruising have yet to heal. That's not the end folks! I received free tickets to a Sounders game and was so excited to go with my little sister and actually get out of my house but when I got downtown to pick her up, I got in a car accident...and yes, it was my fault. So there is my hat trick of moronic behavior. I have nobody to blame but myself. I am so ready for this week to be over.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word that all happened this week?! Horrible! Sounds like you need a vacation. One that includes a plane ticket to Tennessee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for that! I am turning 28 in a couple months. Blah. And I have no one to celebrate it with. : ( Except little sister. She usually takes me to a movie niether of us wants to admit we saw and then we go to bed early. lol. Last year she made me funfetti cake.

    ReplyDelete