Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Inspirations and Help

As I am coming to an end as well as a beginning in my journey, I have been thinking alot about the important people along the way. I know most will never see this but I kinda just want to say it. My mom always pushed me for better. She was only happy with an A. She pushed me to be a better student and told me I was capable of better. That push is still in me today and I probably wouldn't be where I am without it. My dad was there to remind me it was okay when I didn't get that A. he was compassionate and loving and always commended me for all the effort even if I didn't get the results I wanted and I am grateful for that. I also still call him for that encouragement when I am in despair about life not turning out how I wanted. Good parents are very rare these days and I absolutely adore mine. Kana Crealock saw the Lord in me and never saw a failure. She was a saving grace from a childhood education that told me I would never amount to anything. Laurie Unger challenged me. In rising to that challenge I found that I was intelligent and her class planted the seed that grew into a love of literature and learning. Grandma Eadie made me a better writer. She told me I was good and everytime I relied on her, she told me I was better. I loved that woman and she will forever be in my heart. Esther was the Lord's grace for me in Master's Commission when truth and reality were hard to find, Esther reminded me that my search was not in vain. She also taught me to write in my books and really get everything out of them I could. All of my friends for loving me even though I have rarely been able to be there for them. And my professor Leslie Ashbaugh has made me believe I am capable of reaching my dreams. She has told me I am intelligent and my thirst for knowledge is a powerful and beautiful thing. And one last person that maybe didn't have a lot to do with my education or career but I know my heart and hers are the same: Anne Wilson. I still miss her and I know that she would still be proud of me today. She knew that life was hard but you make the best of what you've got and laugh as often as you can.

1 comment:

  1. you need to post warning signs on these things for me.. "Might Make You Cry" maybe you could just write (MMYCK) after the titles of those posts which I should NOT read in class? ;)

    Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete