Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Personal Statement

Please sum you life story and important qualities up into a two page, double-spaced paper. For best results, make sure you tell me everything I want to hear. I would like to know that you are brilliant, driven, destined for success, embody the struggling social groups in America, and have a difficult economic background (but of course are stilling willing to pay $45,000 a year to achieve the success you are destined for). Make sure you make no mistakes, reveal no mistakes and know that if you make a mistake in the future... You are screwed. Now be open and honest and meet difficult deadlines so that I can throw your statement on the floor due to your mediocre LSAT score and GPA. Basically: I dare you to prove you are everything I already know you are not. : (

1 comment:

  1. this is both brilliant, and slightly depressing. But it's brilliance and wittiness make it also hopeful, because they reveal that you indeed can stand out, even just in a few written words- sent across the nation to an old man sitting in a large office covered with antique wood and soaked with the scent of old hardbacks and aftershave.

    I love you. I love that you keep fighting to see what the Lord has put in your heart come to life- in people, in society, in yourself.

    ReplyDelete