Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Absent

Sometimes I realize how much of life I am missing. Don't get me wrong, I am not unhappy with my life. There are times, however, that I think about times with friends and conversations with my family that I feel like I never really engaged. I listen but can't focus, I miss important facts, I forget a lot. I hate this. I don't like how little time I have and the time I do have I spend thinking about what I still need to get done or totally spacing out because I just can't concentrate anymore. I love that I am accomplishing my goal and fighting for what I know can make a difference in this society. I love that law and social justice make me feel alive. But I never wanted to be someone who sacrifices friends and family in the process. My friends are getting married to men I have met maybe once. Children are growing up so fast and I see them maybe once a year. It is difficult for to accept this as a part of life. And the saddest part is that I know it is only going to get more like this for who knows how long. Lord give me the strength to continue in this course and help me to be a good friend to those that have been there for me.

1 comment: