Monday, February 18, 2013

Legal Writing

I used to think of myself as a good writer.  Whether I am or not is not even important.  I find writing inspiring and cathartic.  I enjoy putting my thoughts to paper.  I am not the best communicator in the world but if I can write it, if I can take the time to put the exact words together so it sounds just right as it seeps in to the mind, then I love to write.  I love to write in a way that has just enough humor and humility to make people willing to hear what they would not bother to listen to if I were passionately fumbling for words in their presence.
Legal writing is void of any creativity and even opinion.  They literally tell me exactly what to write and I do what they tell me and I still end up with a B?  I guess I am mediocre at following constraining instructions of how to construct bland information.
So because I have to get back to this life-draining memo, I spark the creativity and love for writing that still exists inside me.  This is the first thoughts of a short story or poem or something that has been swimming around in my head lately.
The command of her voice and the confidence in her step drew is eye.  There was honesty in her eyes and life in her stories.  He tread carefully as he felt for the first time in so long that he didn't want to frighten such a rare creature.  As she playfully answered his questions, he thoughtfully planned his steps.  Maybe, just maybe he had found his fish in this muddied pond.
Okay, back to rules and regulations.

3 comments:

  1. You do write so well, though - much like yer mumsy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome , Baby, AWESOME stuff! You really do write well.. deep.. You put sentences together well - especially when you speak from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you think Mother Theresa IS still alive? ;-) That's good

    ReplyDelete