Saturday, December 12, 2009

Growing Old Alone

So I am turning 27 this week and certainly feeling it. Since I turned 25 I have noticed sagging tits, flabby arms (which I dealt with severely), love handles, a tummy I am constantly fighting, wrinkles, bags under my eyes, skin spots and so on. I did not think these problems would plague me before 30. When I was younger and so idealistic (not that I'm not still idealistic but I guess just differently) I always said I wanted to marry around 30. I had a lot of things I wanted to do and my dreams were never to just get married and have kids. However, I did not anticipate the entropy that would occur to my body in the last 10 years. I am starting to worry now that I have increased my intimidation factor by my education and career and decreased my "curb appeal" which means the odds of some handsome young buck falling for me are decreasing with each December that comes around and bites me in the ass. This is more a humorous blog about getting old than a sob story but seriously, I am startin to worry a little bit.

6 comments:

  1. I just got a GREAT laugh. And also thought, "oh crap- all that in just 2 years from now!? Oh no!"

    I'm telling you, work on the Chi. ;) I don't exactly know what it is, but I hear its really very important to harnass.

    PS, stop coughing in the other room- you need to get some sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many young people think that the end all goal is to get married and immediately have babies. They miss out on so much more to life, trips to Hawaii with friends, EDUCATION and getting a degree, working in a career and discovering who you are before adding someone else to your life. I love that we're older when we settle down, it means we've experienced some life and gained some maturity before becoming wives & mothers. You're right on track, not behind at all, and don't let anyone tell you differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the way, I think you look smokin hot. I'm sure some hot Vanderbilt Law Student would fall madly in love with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Thanks. Hot Law student. interesting thought. But they are probably all under 25. Hehe. Perhaps a professor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um no, there is a single guy here around 27 years old that is a lawyer, and he's pretty good looking. Divorced and not a Christian, but still handsome. So I can testify, they do exist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously not a law student if he is a lawyer. You only proved my point.

    ReplyDelete