Saturday, August 16, 2014

I'm Here!

Good morning world!
Today, I resolve once again to attempt to post more frequently.  It's been quite a summer.  My plan was to keep my work and school to a minimum so I could recover from a very difficult 2L year.  However, Amir got a job in Sacramento, CA and moved away during finals.  We agreed that I would apply to Berkeley School of Law and if I got in I would come live near him.  Otherwise, we tough out 1 year of long distance. So I applied with no hope of getting in and 2 days later, my summer became nothing like I planned.  Between my internship and my weekend job, I worked a ton. I packed everything I own, moved it into a storage unit, and lived with my sister's fiancé for 3 weeks. It has been a crazy ride this summer. I drove down here to live on Tuesday night. I have one box of clothes with me and my coffee maker. I still haven't figured out where I am going to live or registered for my classes.  My life is so unknown.  But once I opened the door with that application, I felt like I had to walk through it. Everything about this is extremely uncomfortable to me.  I think about running back home to the life I am comfortable with.  I feel vulnerable and afraid.  But this video (The Power of Vulnerability) is something that keeps me going most days.  Wish me luck!

1 comment: